Crushed Baby Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs
- Baby potatoes
- Garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Chopped rosemary1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place the potatoes, rosemary, and unpeeled garlic in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, add the garlic cloves and cook for 18–20 minutes until softened.
- Drain and place the potatoes in an ovenproof dish setting garlic aside. Gently crush the potatoes and set aside.
- Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and mash gently with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the mashed garlic and the chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the garlic-and-herb butter over potatoes.
- Pop into the oven for 10–15 minutes until potatoes are slightly crisp on top.
- Sprinkle with some grated cheese before serving