Ten Minute Chicken Curry
Sunday, January 1st, 2012
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 chicken fillets
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1 or 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 3 tbsp of water
- a few tbsp of heavy cream
- Chop a medium sized onion, 2 cloves of garlic, and a green chili.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Heat pot over a medium heat. Add oil. Then add the onion, and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken in, and continue to fry for 5 to 6 minutes over a medium heat, until everything is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the green chili (dash of cayenne pepper if you don’t have a chili) salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and curry powder.
- Add tomato paste, and garam masala if you have it. Add water to loosen fond on bottom of pot. Stir in heavy cream and simmer for a few minutes on low heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with broccoli, rice, and chutney.