Monday, January 5th, 2015
- Chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- Patak’s Tandoori Marinade
- 2 big scoops of yogurt (whole fat)
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of half a lemon
- A few drops of red food coloring
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove skin from chicken and score the meat in a crosshatch pattern so it will absorb the marinade.
2. Put remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
3. Add chicken and work marinade into the pieces with your hands to maximize penetration. Let stand for a couple of hours.
4. Prepare grill banking hot coals on one side.
5. Soak a few hickory chips in water while preparing coals.
6. Place chicken on grill on side without coals.
7. Put hickory chips on coals.
8. Grill chicken for 25 minutes or until done.
- Posted in: Chicken