Salmon Baked in Creme Fraiche and Two Mustards
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
- 4 (8-ounce) fish fillets such as salmon or red snapper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots or onion
- 2 teaspoons drained capers\
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Place the fish fillets skin side down on the sheet pan. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Combine the creme fraiche, 2 mustards, shallots, capers, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Spoon the sauce evenly over the fish fillets, making sure the fish is completely covered.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until it’s barely done. (The fish will flake easily at the thickest part when it’s done.)
- Be sure not to overcook it!
- Serve hot or at room temperature with the sauce from the pan spooned over the top.
- Posted in: Fish