Punky’s Vegetarian Tikki Marsala
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garam marsala
- 2 Tsp of ground ginger
- 1 jalepeno, serrano, or similar chile, finely choped
- 1 Tblsp. tomato paste
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 16 ounce cans of chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup of Greek style yogurt
- Sautee onion and in olive oil for five minutes.
- Add garam marsala and ginger
- Add chile pepper.
- Add tomato paste
- Season with salt
- Add two regular sized cans of chick peas, drained
Add large can of crushed tomatoes
- Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to warm
- Add yogurt, 1/4 cup or so of chopped fresh cilantro right before serving
- Serve over basmati rice with a salad and naan bread.