King Ranch Casserole (Texas Cuisine)
Monday, October 20th, 2014
- 2 or 3 cooked chicken breasts, pulled into pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes with Chiles (mild)
- ½ lb. of sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- Put oil in large skillet and sauté garlic, onion, and peppers until soft.
- Add spices and stir into onions and peppers.
- Turn off heat and add chicken, soups (undiluted), and Ro-Tel Tomatoes and mix well.
- Grease a 9 X 12 baking dish.
- Tear twelve tortillas into pieces roughly the size of a quarter.
- Put a third of the tortilla pieces in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover tortillas with a third of the chicken/pepper mixture.
- Sprinkle a third of the cheese on top of first layer.
- Repeat process two more times.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until bubbling.