Habas Beans Con Jamon
Wednesday, August 29th, 2012
This is a delicious dish made with fresh broad beans and mountain-cured Serrano ham. It works best with large spring onions or scallions, which have a gentler flavor than normal onions.
2 lbs broad beans, podded or frozen lima beans
4 oz. mountain-cured Serrano ham, chopped or substitute panchetta
2 small onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
- First, heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry gently until soft.
- Add the ham and fry for another 5 minutes.
Add the broad beans and stir-fry for another couple of minutes.
- Cover the frying pan and turn the heat down very low.
- Cook on a low heat until the beans are soft (add a little water if necessary).
Season with salt.
- Posted in: Beans