Chorizo and Chick Pea Stew
- 1 lb. of new potatoes (small red potatoes) scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 3 oz. of chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 lb of plum tomatoes, chopped or 13 oz. can of chopped tomatoes
- 14 oz can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 12 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain and then slice.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry onions and red peppers over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook, turning frequently, for two minutes.
- Stir the potato slices,s tomatoes and chickpeas into the pan and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and cook gently for ten minutes.
- Scatter over the parsley to garnish and serve with some hot garlic bread to mop up all the juices.