Sunday, September 21st, 2014
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb. package of hamburger
- 2-3 tbsp. of chili powder
- ½ tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of freshly ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 whole green chilies
- 2 finely sliced green chilies
- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 1 can of beef broth
- 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add oil to pot and add 2 whole green chills to infuse oil with chili flavor.
- Add chopped onion, garlic and sauté for about 10 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add dry spices.
- Fry hamburger in skillet, crumble, and add to chili pot.
- Add the beef broth, pinto beans, and tomato sauce. Simmer for about an hour.
- Thin out with water if desired.
- Serve over white rice and top with grated cheddar.
- A side of cold, finely shredded iceberg lettuce makes a good contrast with the hot chili.