Boulettes de Viande (Meatballs)
Sunday, January 1st, 2012
This is an excellent recipe for meatballs. There’s no science involved here, so I’d recommend you change the seasoning to your own taste. Try these ingredients first and then modify as necessary the next time you make them.
- 1 to 1½ lb. package of hamburger or a mixed blend of ground pork, veal, and beef
- ½ cup of grated parmessan or Romano shaker cheese
- 1 ½ Slices of fresh white bread or the equivalent amount of day a day old baguette (if one happens to be lying around) processed into coarse crumbs in a food processor
- 1-2 tablespoons of water if bread was stale and relatively dry
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. of dried basil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix with your bare hands all the ingredients together ensuring they are well incorporated. Do not over mix them or the meat balls may become tough.
- Form into golf ball sized meatballs and place on a sheet pan lined with greased aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 22-25 minutes.
- Serve with linguine and marinara sauce and a green salad.
- Posted in: Meats